Corporate Behavior Charter
CMC has established the CMC Group Corporate Behavior Charter in order to promote respect for human rights,
compliance with relevant laws and regulations, observation of international rules,
and to ensure our business activities are conducted with social decency.
CMC Group Corporate Behavior Charter
The role of a corporation is to take the lead in the realization of a sustainable society by creating added value that will benefit society and generating employment, through autonomous and responsible behavior, on the basis of fair and free competition. To this end, regardless of where we do business, the CMC Group will comply with the letter and spirit of relevant laws and regulations and international rules and to fulfill our social responsibility with a strong sense of ethical values, by acting in line with the following ten principles.
- Develop and provide socially beneficial and safe products and services through innovation, and strive for sustainable economic growth and the resolution of social issues.
- Engage in fair and free competition, appropriate transactions, and responsible procurement. Also, maintain a sound relationship with political bodies and government agencies.
- Disclose corporate information actively, effectively, and fairly and engage in constructive dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders, with the purpose of enhancing corporate value.
- Conduct business that respects the human rights of all people.
- Provide citizens and customers with appropriate information about products and services, communicate with them in good faith, and earn their satisfaction and trust.
- Realize work practices that will improve the capabilities of employees and that respect their diversity, character, and personality. Also, provide safe and healthy working environments.
- Act proactively to address environmental problems, with the understanding that efforts to solve them are the common issue of humanity and an essential requirement of corporate existence and activities.
- Actively engage in community involvement activities and contribute to community development as a good corporate citizen.
- Conduct thorough and organized crisis management in the face of actions by antisocial forces, terrorism, cyber-attacks, natural disasters, and other crises that pose a threat to civil society and corporate activity.
- Top management recognizes that it is their role to realize the spirit of this Charter, build effective governance systems for the conduct of business, and strive to raise awareness of the Charter's spirit within the corporation and the entire CMC Group to achieve its full compliance. Top management will also encourage behavior based on the principles of this Charter within our supply chain. In the event that the CMC Group violates the spirit of this Charter and loses the trust of society, top management shall proactively take responsibility to respond to the situation, including resolving the problem, investigating the causes, and preventing the problem from recurring.